please read my first post as a precursor to reading my future journal entries.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

my quick "happify"-ers


A list of things I can turn to when I need a boost. And fast.


  • Do pedicures with Hadley while watching Sofia the First
  • Use my mood light while I read
  • Put on makeup for no reason, or curl hair
  • Watch a few songs on my Celine Dion or John Mayer or Faith Hill or James Taylor concert DVDs
  • Force myself to take a walk outside
  • Watch something funny online for five minutes
  • Watch an old favorite! Finally!
  • Power nap. Only 15 minutes.
  • Take a tubby! (hot, soothing bath)
  • Serve someone who has mental illness. Go to the hospital psych unit with homemade cookies.
  • Take a drive alone in my car and crank up my favorite tunes and sing as loud as I can
  • Get to Hot Yoga
  • Play the piano and sing my testimony
  • See the sun. Turn OFF phone. Just be.
  • Journal
  • Look at picture of the Savior and meditate on Him. And on my relationship with Him and my Heavenly Father.
  • Look at a random slideshow of images on my computer set to random music. Don't think about it. Just push play.
  • Have a Dance Party with myself or the kids in my living room, be free
  • Jump on the tramp. Even in the snow.
  • Do something fun with my kids that they've been asking to do for too long
  • Go on a self date out for cheesecake or a pina colada
  • Do something fun for me. Forget the To Do list for one hour.
  • Edit a fun photo, not a deadline photo
  • Chocolate
  • Count my blessings. Name them one by one.
  • Be still and be prayerful in my heart, even if I can't speak
  • Call and thank somebody in my life. Cry to them if I want. But mostly thank them.