please read my first post as a precursor to reading my future journal entries.

Monday, March 25, 2013

good morning.

Today I went to yoga and I cried. I felt so much emotion, blank emotion, that I cried. And I loved it.

On the ride home in the car, this is the song that came on:

I came up out of the waterRaise my hands up to the FatherGave it all to Him that dayFelt a new wind kiss my faceWalked away, eyes wide openCould finally see where I was goin'It didn’t matter where I beenI’m not the same man I was then.
I got off track, I made mistakesBack slid my way into that place where souls get lostLines get crossedAnd the pain won’t go awayI hit my knees, now here I standThere I was, now here I amHere I amChanged
I got a lot of “hey I’m sorry's”The things I’ve done, man that was not meI wish that I could take it all backI just want to tell 'em thatTell 'em that
I got off track, I made mistakesBack slid my way into that place where souls get lostLines get crossedAnd the pain won’t go awayI hit my knees, now here I standThere I was, now here I amHere I am
I’ve changed for the betterMore smiles, less bitterI even started to forgive myself
I hit my knees, I’m here, I standThere I was, now here I amHere I am, here I amI'm changedYes, I amI’m changed for the better
Thank God, I'm changed.

Changed, by Rascal Flatts.



I hadn't heard this song before, so when I heard these words, "felt a new wind kiss my face, gave it all to Him, walked away, could finally see, it didn't matter when I've been I'm not the same man I was then, i got off track, i made mistakes, souls get lost, the pain won't go away, I hit my knees now here I stand, there I was now here I am. More smiles. Changed."

My application to the song is different than a repentant and born again man, but the words touched me deeply.

I feel I am starting life as a newly rebuilt person. I hope I don't fall apart again soon, or ever. But 'I felt a new wind kiss my face.' I felt in this trial I had to 'give it all to him'. I've now walked away and can finally see somewhat. I'm not the same person I was before this trial. I made mistakes in it. I felt my soul was lost. The pain wouldn't go away most of the time. I hit my knees now here I stand. THere I was now here I am. More smiles. Changed."

I was touched.

Then as I pulled into the neighborhood, I saw this: